Internal Traceability Capacity Questionnaire
1. Does your organization utilize an electronic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Warehouse Management System (WMS)?
2. Are you aware of the Key Data Elements (KDEs) that your business and/or supply chain requires in order to meet its traceability needs (lot number, date of processing, food recall data, etc.)?
3. Does your current system collect the KDEs identified in question 2, above?
4. Does your system provide complete internal traceability (i.e. at any stage of ownership or production, can you trace a given product back to when and from whom you purchased it)?
5. Does your system provide traceability for all of the seafood products your business carries and across all aspects of your business (or, is traceability lost at any point during your ownership/ handling of a product)?
6. Do you use a mass balance approach or volume in/ volume out method to keep track of your incoming and outgoing products? If so, that is inadequate for the purpose of comprehensive traceability.
7. Does the system allow for product-data pairing?
8. Does your system allow for interoperability between internal systems such as procurement and finance/ accounting systems?
External Traceability Capacity Questionnaire
9. What government systems can I/ am I obliged to integrate with?
10. What buyers and suppliers do I regularly trade with?
11. What are the traceability goals of your supply chain partners?
12. Does your system allow for supply chain transparency (i.e. key data can flow between supply chain nodes)?
13. Does your system meet your business's current external traceability needs (i.e. client information demands, regulatory requirements, etc.)?
14. Does your system allow for interoperability with other systems in your supply chain (i.e. Do you have the ability to electronically transfer data between supply chain businesses? Can you receive and send data)?
15. Does your system allow for data to be received, created within your facility, and sent to the next supply chain business to be verified?
16. What KDEs are your supply chain members collecting?
17. Do you supply chain partners have internal traceability systems? If yes, what technology are they using?
18. What capacity do your supply chain partners have to pass KDEs onto you that matter to your business? Are your systems interoperable (have an API that allows them to share data)?
19. Does the system link incoming ingredients from your suppliers and outgoing shipments to your customers with your internal processes?